We Heart It is a visual app for expressing what you love. And We are in awe with how you (all 49 million of you!) express yourselves fearlessly, creatively and unapologetically. Remember love yourself week? Thanks to you, We are a community where being your authentic self is all that is expected. Good day or a bad, you will always find others who know how you feel.
That’s a pretty powerful thing. By freely and proudly expressing who you are and what you love, and supporting others doing the same, you power a movement that celebrates self-love over self-image. Our movement has blossomed into a welcoming oasis to millions for whom the path is not always friendly or clear. Together We are strong.
As a brand it’s important to start with asking “why” you do what you do. We are passionate because We know our work is important. It is humbling to think how you, our members, will break glass ceilings, reach new heights and move our society forward in our lifetimes. Our vision is to provide a place where every young person around the world – regardless of religion, orientation, gender or beliefs – can express their authentic self. Together We are strong.
Looking at the world around us, it’s clear We need to work together. As a Company We have ambitious plans to innovate and grow in support of our movement. And the first step is simple: We are evolving how We say our name from We Heart It to Whi (pronounced ‘We!’). This will serve as a constant reminder that Whi are in this together. Together, Whi are strong and together Whi can do this!
With all our hearts,
The Whi❤️ Team
P.S. – Celebrate our movement by creating a collection of what Whi means to you and be featured in our next product release! Here’s some inspiration to get you started. Get going and have fun!
Today we launched our first-ever companion app, Easel! With Easel you can bring your photos to life with beautiful quotes, fonts, and filters. You can share directly to We Heart It and many other social apps in just a few taps. We hope you enjoy Easel and can’t wait to see all of your new creations!
Big weekend in California — the first-ever We Heart It Meetup took place in Hollywood and was a massive success and total blast! We’re still on a high here at our San Francisco headquarters.
For those unable to attend, here are some of the ah-maz-ing highlights:
- We Heart It founder Fabio Giolito traveled all the way from Brazil to meet Hearters and take pics on our custom step-and-repeat (celeb status, anyone?)
- The first 200 Hearters were treated to gift bags bursting with We Heart It goodies and giveaways from sponsors PrimoLash, Nubar, Fake Bake, The DUFF, Academy of Art University and more
- Complimentary massages (thanks, Exhale Spa!) and makeovers by Bodyography
- Delicious treats and refreshments from Perrier, RUNA ENERGY, Groundwork Coffee, and more
- The We Heart It art canvas installation, where Hearters shared what inspires them and what inspires others
- YouTube stars and We Heart It lovers Vanessa and Veronica Merrell and pro surfer Keala Kennelly stopped by to chat with Hearters and share what inspires them
If this sounds like an event you’d like to see in your city, let us know in the comments section below — we’re already planning future meetups and can’t wait to see you there.
PS — Special thanks to Sweet! Hollywood and the army of volunteers and sponsors who helped pull off this unbelievably fun event. We couldn’t have done it without you!